Saturday, February 19, 2011

What's a Mama to do!

What is a Mama to do when her now one year old decides he does not want to nap anymore? Well, at least not as often, or as long!

I had gotten into a nice little routine with Joshua taking two good two hour naps a day. He used to go down easy for both, and was very predictable. Now, not so much. Now he has decided, he likes getting up at 5am instead of 6am and then he's tired right after breakfast, so he naps for about an hour around 6:30am most days, then usually he will nap again around 10 or 11 for maybe two hours (tops).

I know a lot of people have told me that this is around the age when kids sometimes don't need more than one nap a day anymore. So it may just be a matter of adjusting nap time to fit the day better. But he seems soooo tired in the afternoon and just won't have it. And I am soooo tired in the afternoon, and have so much to do, I think I miss his afternoon nap more than he does! Our house is such, that when he is awake, I can't take my eyes off of him for long. Where we are during the day is open concept so the living room, kitchen, office, and dining room, are the same space. And he is very sneaky. I think he waits for that one second that I look away so he can try to climb down the stairs (bad mama, leaving the gate open... woops), eat a small rock, bite the cats tail, or do whatever else tickles his fancy in that moment.

But I must say. I do not enjoy having to stay up way late at night to get my work done, only to wake up way early in the morning with Joshua. I am not a fan. 

Thank goodness for German Chocolate Cake flavored coffee this morning. Rant complete. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment