Monday, February 7, 2011

Just a couple things. That don't have much to do with babies, or motherhood.

So my baby has been visiting with his Grammy for the past few days and I have been missing him like crazy! After work today I am going to pick him up and even though it'll be about his bed time, I am SO excited to have him back and cuddle him and play with him. Who ever thought you could miss such a small person SO much!

That's the first thing. The second thing, is the continuation of the story from my birthday night out, about how my friend had her phone stolen by a crazy person. That's this story . . . 



So a brief recap of the night- We were out singing, dancing, having a merry ol' time... we made it to about 1am at the second bar of the evening, and decided it was time to head home for some beauty sleep, if you will. Now, one would never really know that their phone was missing, unless they needed to make a call, or were expecting a call... at least, most people I know. 

So we get back, I get dropped off at my house, I got locked out for about 15 minutes or so. It was cold out. But I got in. So don't worry about me.

The rest of the gang went a couple blocks over, to the friend who hosted the pre-party's house, because she had more space for guests to sleep. At around 1:30am, my house phone rings and wakes up my husband, who answers disgruntledly. On the phone was my friend's (who was missing her phone unbeknownst to her) Brother-in-law. Here is what I recall of that conversation  

Me: Hello?
B.I.L: Hey Anna, it's Tyler, is Regina there?
Me: No she's at Vy's house. (he has no clue who I am talking about)
B.I.L: Is she OK, how do I get ahold of her... a man called us from her phone.
Me: Call Jess. (Again... he has no idea who that is)
B.I.L: OK what is her number?
Me: (Gave him the number and hung up, wondering why he was so upset that she lost her phone...)

So the next morning, I woke up, said goodbye to my little man, and my husband, and headed back to rejoin my compadres. Everyone was pretty cheery, and awake, for having been up so late at night. Then I remembered about the phone call. So I asked Regina if she got her phone back yet, and told her about the call telling me a man had her phone, and how angry her brother-in-law seemed. We wondered why they were so upset about the missing phone. So we decided to call them and see if this man had left a number to call, or said where he left the phone or anything.

Much to our surprise, they had VERY good reason to be upset. Apparently, a crazy person had gotten ahold of her phone and was going down her contacts and leaving obscene messages, and telling them really awful things, like that she was dead in a gutter somewhere...(not an exaggeration) The police were involved by the time we called, they were actually searching the area for a body, and her car. So, to wrap this up... we have our suspicions about who may have stolen the phone, but She got a new phone, and canceled the old one, and calmed her family back down, and made it back home safe and sound.

But, what are the odds! and how crazy must a person be to do something like that! The good news is, the police thought they might be able to trace the calls and make an arrest for that, since they were using police time and resources looking for a body when she was alive and well in NH.

I guess the moral of the story is...don't lose your cell phone in a bar? I dunno. I just wanted to share, so everyone who was curious to know what happened! 

The end. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment