Thursday, February 10, 2011

The things Joshua did today to make me laugh.

Joshua's been a bit of a terror (on and off) for a few days know... I am pretty sure he has his one-year molars working their way out. But in between temper tantrums I must say, I have a pretty hilarious child. I think he just knows how to work it so we don't go totally nuts when he's having mental breakdowns. As he is getting bigger, as all kids do, he is learning new things. For example. This morning, I went to put on my boots to run and start my car so we could go to the gym, and what should stab me in the bottom of my foot? A triangle and a square. From Joshua's shape sorter. I didn't see him do that one, but all the rest of the day he's been thoroughly enjoying putting things on or in other things. This is a change because he has kinda been trying (I think) to work his shape sorter, and put the rings back on the ring stacky thing, but he never can do it and eventually just throws whatever he is holding and moves onto the next thing. Not sure if this can be considered a milestone? I don't think so. But I think it's progress none the less. Here is what we found around the house today:

Dog dish on Daddy's desk chair.
Stacking rings in the basket with the remote controls
Plastic ball in Daddy's boot
Sharp shapes in Mommy's boot
a spoon wedged under the cushion of the chair
and blocks in the laundry

I think that was all for today. We'll see what tomorrow brings on that front.

The other thing he is doing though, which is HYSTERICAL, I need to get a video of it, but I need an assistant, you'll know why in a minute. Just to preface this story, Joshua loves our animals, he loves to pull their tails, give them sloppy kisses and hugs, and "pat" (hit) them. I sit on the couch when I give him his bottles, and the cat is usually down the opposite end of the couch on "his" spot. Every time Joshua finishes his bottle, and spots the cat, all bets are off. He squeals like he has never seen him before and it's his long lost best friend. So I usually let him crawl across the couch (keeping an eye and hand on him of course) and say hello to his furry friend. But recently, he is less interested in the cat, and more interested in the couch. He will pet the cat for a second, then he stands up against the back cushion and hops and squeals and laughs. And today, he decided that wasn't quite enough entertainment and decided to stiffen himself up and completely free-fall backwards. Thankfully I stay right with him when he's pulling these shenanigans and  put my arm behind him so he wouldn't fall on his head on the floor. Then he realized if he stood at the end of the couch, by the armrest, he could hop back when he fell and bounce more. I am telling you, it is the funniest thing I have ever seen! I am just praying now that he doesn't decide to try that when he is on the floor. Hopefully he remembers how much it hurts to smack his head on the hardwood from when he was learning to sit up!

Once I manage to video tape this hilarity, I'll share :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment