Monday, February 21, 2011

GERMS! with a capital G!

It's winter. In case you were unaware. It has also been an exceptionally cold and snowy winter. I didn't really realize until today how lucky we have been to have escaped the majority of the colds and viruses that have been floating around. But lately, they seem to be getting closer and closer. And I am getting more and more nervous. Joshua's birthday bash is fast approaching! Just today alone, I counted at least six or so people who I directly know and am in contact with on a fairly regular basis who have all been either recently sick, or are sick as we speak.

I just hope we can make it through the weekend without catching anything! I can't imagine Joshua would have much fun at his party if he got sick, nor would I. I'm sure it will happen sooner or later, since it is winter, as I noted before. I think I may put a container of lysol wipes in Joshua's diaper bag for the rest of the week. Heck, maybe even a full can of lysol spray! Must. Not. Get. Sick. I sure hope that darn ground hog was right this year and winter get's outa here sooner rather than later! I've had enough of the cold, snow, and all my friends and family getting sick! blech! 

So, everyone who is ill, I hope you feel better soon! And I just may put Joshua in a bubble until Sunday. If you are looking for me, I'll be the crazy lady with the baby in the bubble suit.

OH and whoever invented germs, the common cold, and the flu . . . he was a jerk! and clearly it was a HE because, ummm, have you SEEN men when they get sick? Worse than the real babies. (Most of them, and I say that in the most loving way possible . . . and yes, I know germs and things were not 'invented' :-) )

That is all. 


1 comments:

sjmk said...

It's REALLY good that we didn't meet for breakfast on Sunday. I was just feeling a bit stuffy when I talked to you Sunday morning - but I am sick sick sick.

I'm assuming I'll be good by Sunday and be able to make the party - but I promise if I'm still this sick, I won't come infect you all! :)

Post a Comment