Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Worst baby book ever.

This is a review of the worst baby book. Ever.

Maybe that's too hash. This book is meant to be a teething, infant-who-isn't-interested-in-books kind of book, I think. Not a toddler-who-wants-the-same-book-read-to-him-98-times kind of book.

Anyways. We were given This book by Garanimals, which is Walmart's brand I believe.


The book is cute and all, and it makes a crinkly noise and is soft and has nice rubber chewy corners. So, when used as something to chew on, rather than a book to read, I'd give it a thumbs up. BUT, Joshua, for some reason LOVES this book, for reading. He will find it, in a stack of great kids books, and bring it to me and make me read it over and over and over.

So here is my problem with the book. It has no story. Bright pictures, yes, story, no. It is just a bunch of pictures with phrases with them. See below.




There is is. In all its glory. the whole entire book. Now, try to be excited to read it. Now again. Again. Again. . .  See? Not cute. I have begin making up my own story to go with the pictures to save myself for repeating this little peach over and over in my head in my sleep at night. I keep trying to hide this book, and somehow it keeps getting found and ending up back in the pile of other books and toys. 

So a recommendation, from one mom to another. Do yourselves a favor. And buy children's books that YOU wouldn't mind reading repeatedly. At least Joshua likes reading though, so I can't really complain I suppose. I just thought I would take this opportunity to vent about this book while it is still hidden. :) Maybe I need to hide it from Daddy too so it doesn't keep ending up in the pile!



1 comments:

Heather said...

Haha Lexi has this book too when I Googled worst baby book ever your blog came up woo!

Post a Comment