Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Confessions: The Baby Itch

So I have to confess this lovely Sunday. Every time I see Joshua playing with other kids, especially smaller babies (Like Ethan, who is my friend Katie's baby and is completely adorable, and kind of reminds me of Joshua at the same age) it kind of makes me want to have another one so Joshua will always have a buddy.

I always knew I wanted more than one, or more, thought, I wanted more than one. I say it like that because until Joshua was out of me, I also thought I wanted twins. And still I say sometime, thank goodness there is only one of him. Don't get me wrong, he is all sunshine and rainbows most days, but those first couple of months may have been the end of me if he were two, instead of one.

Last time Ethan and Katie came to visit, there was a moment where Joshua wasn't trying to jab out Ethan's eye or throwing a toy at him, where he was just holding his hand and leaned in onto him a little. And it was super cute. And I actually caught myself saying out loud, "Awee, Joshua wants a baby sister!" Ha. Don't get all excited though you baby fanatics (you all know who you are ;-) ) We can't have one just yet. For two very good reasons. 1. We have no room to put two babies. and 2. We haven't even finished paying off the birth of the first one yet. So, that said, if anyone wants to buy us a bigger house, and sell the one we're in, or throw some cash in our direction, maybe we'll think about getting started on #2. In the mean time, we'll just keep enjoying Joshua, and I'll continue to get all mushy when I see him playing with other people's kids until he can have his very own sibling.

These pictures aren't of Ethan, (obviously) These are Joshua and his buddy Brandon. Joshua had a fun day Saturday playing with Brandon and Carter, I think Carter was napping when these were shot.) Doesn't he just look like he wants a baby sister?!



Don't forget to write your own Sunday Confession and link up here! (It doesn't even have to be written on Sunday, since I was so late today... I'll let it slide :-) Kidding, I'd let it slide anyways. So just write a confession blog and link up here! Go!)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Super cute Anna! Ethan loves hanging out with his big buddy Joshua. They will have plenty of time to play together when I head back to work (boo for me). See you guys soon :-)

Kat said...

Awwwwwwwww baby itch :) I'm SOOO far from that right now LOL

Post a Comment