Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easiest pulled pork ever.

So I am still relatively new to the blogging about food thing, and suck at remembering to take pictures of things as I make them. But I thought I'd share will all you busy people out there, the easiest, most delicious pulled pork recipe ever.

Here is what you need:

• A crock pot. I have this one.
• An onion (optional)
• Some pork loin. I buy the Smithfield brand natural pork tenderloin. I usually get around a 2.5lb package. There is plenty if you have company, or it makes great leftovers if there are only a couple of you.
• About 16oz. of BBQ sauce. Whichever kind you like works. I used Sweet Baby Rays sweet and spicy for todays pork.
• Some rolls if you are making the pulled pork into sandwiches. I usually get onion bulky type rolls from the bakery in the grocery store.
• Cheese if you want, cheddar or something similar is amazing.

Here is what you do:

• Cut up the onion. I usually cut it in half the tall way, then slice it into little strips.
• Toss the onion into the bottom of the crock pot.
• Put the pork on top of the onion.
• Pour about half to 3/4 of the BBQ sauce over the pork, you want it to be covered.
• Turn the crock pot on low, and cook away. Usually I start it around 10 or 11 AM if I am home for the day, but you can easily let it cook all day if you are away at work.
• About an hour or so before you want to eat. Open the crock pot, and using a couple forks, or something similar, shred or pull the pork apart. Add more BBQ sauce and let it sit for another hour or until you are ready to eat.
• top your roll with the pork and cheese, and some cole slaw if you like it (sounds weird, but really great) add some extra BBQ sauce if you want to and enjoy!

I made homemade baked sweet potato fries today with the pork. I'll do that recipe another day, it's also super easy.

And that is all, my friends. you're welcome. Seriously, I have yet to encounter anyone who doesn't enjoy this meal. It's also great for pot lucks, and parties, not too expensive, and very easy to do!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, sounds great, making it tomorrow...:-)

Post a Comment