Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One year checkup

Today Joshua went in for his one year checkup after we met up with a friend for breakfast at the airport diner. He is one healthy little boy!

He now weighs 22.6 lbs and is 30 inches long. He is just above average for height now and exactly at the 50th percentile for weight and head circumference.

We were told it's time to get rid of the bottles! Which scares, and excites me all at the same time! I will miss that cuddle time with his bottle right before he goes to bed I think. But at the same time, it will be nice to be able to get him on the same eating schedule as us more or less. I am told that he can eat whatever we are eating, though this scares me a lot because Joshua is such a pig! she said to keep an eye on him and only put a couple bites in front of him at a time and he should do fine. I am ALSO nervous about the switch to whole milk! Those of you who know about the hives and milk allergy fiasco that happened when he was about four months old, know why. But his doc. assured me that since he has been doing just fine on regular formula for awhile now, which is milk based, he should be fine, and most likely it was not a true allergy... just a weird baby intolerance. She said he seems right on track with his standing and babbling, and not to worry about him not walking on his own yet. (I am not worried yet, just impatient)

I think that's everything new. Hopefully all of the new changes will go over well and we'll be off of bottles, and onto whole milk and all real food in no time! 

My little boy is growing up! I feel like this is the official end of him being a baby... now he is a little boy *sniffle*

my little boy!! *tear* :-P

0 comments:

Post a Comment