Friday, March 18, 2011

I have a 13 month old!

I just now realized today is the 18th, which means Joshua is 13 months old today. Where does time go! He is changing so much every day now. And boy, how he has changed since he was a newborn (obviously). But, really, everyone says how fast the time goes, and it wasn't that I didn't believe them, it's just that I never really notice it until I step out of my own way and see what is happening haha. Here is a summary of my 13 month old.

He is officially walking now. He walks more and more, and better and faster every single day.

He is still a speed demon crawler. Who I trip over often because he sneaks up on me when I am cooking (I have learned to look behind my feet before I step back no matter how far away he was last time I looked)

He is outgrowing (we hope) a milk allergy/intolerance. Which makes it very hard for me to find snacks that he can eat, and things with high enough fat and calcium that are baby friendly.

He loves to eat, and luckily is not very picky. He even likes his soy milk now, he still can't seem to drink as much as he is "supposed" to in a day, but I'm working on it. He likes to feed himself, but needs everything cut tiny, because he does not like chewing food... he prefers to inhale it.

He mimics everything now, which will be trouble, I imagine, when he starts to talk.

He says mama and dada, and he understands a decent amount of words now. He knows, blankie, kitty, doggy, eat, more, milk, book, and of course Fan! (that's all I can think of now)

He can sign "eat" and "more" He knows what eat means, but more I don't think he quite knows yet, he will copy me doing it. And sometimes do it on his own, but I don't think the association is there yet.

He loves waving, and babbling.

Loves the kitty and the doggy, and hugging and squeezing them until they can't take it anymore.

He is now officially weaned off the bottle, and I count my blessings that he accepts change so easily. He gave up bottles and pacifiers (in December) without a fight.

His favorite show is Dinosaur Train (It's the only one that will keep his attention for more than a nano-second at a time, which is why I say that) and his favorite song is anything with a good beat that he can dance to currently. Journey still tops his list though.

I that's all. No monkey picture. I think those are done now that he is over 1 year old. But I'll be sure to take some new pictures to post soon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment