Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sometimes - a mom just needs chocolate.

This, my friends, is a review of Cafe Fleuri's Chocolate buffet, in Boston, MA.

A couple of years ago, the chocolate buffet was discovered, and myself, and some cousins decided we needed to try it. Obviously.

Since then, we decided it also needed to be an annual event. So this year was the second annual chocolate day! For those of you who have never heard of such a thing. A chocolate buffet, if an all you can eat buffet. Of chocolate. It is located in Cafe Fleuri at the Langham hotel in Boston, MA. And to sum it up in one word. Amazing! It is a chocolate lovers dream. Literally. Anything you could ever want to eat that is made out of chocolate, they probably have. Chocolate martinis, make your own candy bar, sundae bar, chocolate fountain, chocolate crepes custom made to your order. . . etc.

As a self-proclaimed chocoholic. I give it an A+. Even though there isn't any "real" food. We managed to convince ourselves we were having a balanced meal. Strawberries are a fruit, so what if they are covered in chocolate or wrapped in a chocolate crepe? Pretzels are kind healthy... drenched in chocolate fountain sauce, right? Riiiight. Anyways. If you have never been here. You MUST go. I think this is something everyone needs to experience at least once in their life (of once a year, whichever)

The only bad words I have about this place, and maybe this particular trip is this. There was a DJ there... which was OK, a little odd for the venue, but ok. Until a group of about 25 tween girls came in for a birthday party and started requesting very loud obnoxious songs, and hanging out the DJ, and dancing, and singing... in the room the chocolate was in. I would have enjoyed a nice jazz band better. haha. Or anything really. That, and the day did not have enough hours! I actually headed back to NH before much of the group to pick up Joshua, and ended up needing to drive to Hollis to pick up my husband too. Next time, we will need to pick a day when Jay is home to play with Joshua, and when I have more money so we can spend ALLL day in Boston and eat and shop to our heart's content!

What could be better than a day filled with laughs, fun, amazing friends and family, amazing chocolate, and Boston. Not a whole lot. Especially when you are a mama and it's one of your few baby free days that you are not at work all day, like me! That's all I've got. I'd write more, but I'm still recovering from my chocolate hangover. Here are some pictures from the day to entice you to go eat your body weight in chocolate.

I thought this was a regular creme puff. NOPE... filled with chocolate cream.

The first trip to the bar's leftovers.

I don't know what this one was, but it was pretty. 

One of the many tables at the bar.

Chocolate sculpture

0 comments:

Post a Comment