Saturday, March 26, 2011

Things one should not do on a broken night of sleep.

Joshua has been having a terrible time the last few nights. I am guessing it is the two top molars trying to break through. the gums are very swollen and red and sore looking, and I suspect, the culprit to why Joshua has been up screaming for at least an hour in the middle of the night lately.

Last night. Joshua fell asleep around 8:15 or so. I had to clean the floors desperately because Joshua was so disturbed by the dirt and animal hair, he had taken it upon himself to begin cleaning by eating anything he could grab. (Kidding, he does that anyways.) So I went to bed around midnight, I think. Which is late for me. There I am, snuggled in my warm, cozy bed. And the siren named Joshua goes off... around 2am. I looked at the clock, and prayed to the Gods of sleeping babies to make him go back to sleep. But no such luck. So I got up, changed him. Made attempt #1 to put him back to bed. He wasn't having it. So I got back up, did the orajel and tylenol bit. More screaming. Got him a sippy of water... it IS pretty dry in our house, I get thirsty at night... maybe that was it? Nothing. finally I decided I had done all I could do, including a little rocking, and soft singing, all the old bouncing-while-walking-and-spinning a little tricks. So I did the ol' "cry it out." He screamed for 5 minutes, I went in, laid him down avoiding eye contact like he was Medusa or something, and left. More screams. Ten minutes go by, went back in laid him back down, shushed him a little, and walked out. MORE screaming. 15 minutes, 20 minutes... same thing. Then I just turned the monitor down (not that it helps much with such a painful scream coming from the room next door.) After about an hour of solid screaming, he finally went back to sleep. So I'd say, we slept from about 3 or so until a little before 6am. Gross. Especially gross when you are used to having a good sleeper who sleeps through the night with no issues!

So back to the things you should not do after a night such as that.

1. Cut your own hair. It's just a bad idea. But, I don't have money for a haircut, or time to get one, and my bangs needed a trimming. Luckily, I didn't do too bad a job. But I realized, that was probably something that should have been left for a day when I was a little more awake.



2. And this is a biggie. Shopping at Walmart. I had gift cards, and some diapers that were too small for the boss to return. so we went. and this is what happened. In case you can't tell, that's the jumbo sized, bucket-o-cheese balls. I have been resisting them for as long as I've been shopping at BJs. But, Walmart had them today and I had run out of will power for the week. so here we are.


Lucky for me, Joshua is cute. And so are my animals. And they all love each other, and let me take cute pictures of them. So I'm still doing ok. And now, I am going to take a nap while everyone else is before I get myself into more trouble!




Kitty cuddles.


Loves his kitty.

family nap time... yes, he is laying on the cat. Marvin is a good sport. Most of the time.

1 comments:

sarah said...

eeeiiii! i love the joshua/marvin pics! they are totally BFFs. so cute.

Post a Comment