Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Proof

Well I could never catch him standing up before even though he's been doing it for awhile now, but lately he has been pulling himself up on everything and trying to furniture walk. So, I now have photographic evidence.

Joshua is also earning himself a new nickname: "the Goat," because he eats EVERYTHING! Dirt on the floor, the animals, legs of the coffee table and chairs, dog dish... anything else he can grab, or lick... in the mouth! I learned this morning that if joshua is on the floor, I can not take my eyes off of him for a second. This morning, I was sitting on the floor playing with him and I brought my coffee mug to the side of the coffee table where I was sitting, it was near the edge, but not too close (or so I thought). Funny thing is, as I  was moving it I was thinking, "maybe I shouldn't do that, he will probably get a hold of it somehow and it'll be everywhere . . . nahhhh." But, alas, I was sitting right there so I figured, it would be fine, I looked away for literally a second, still sitting in the same spot... Joshua decided he needed to see what I was drinking, and turbo speed crawled over to the table, stood up, and pulled my half full mug of coffee off the table and onto me, him, and the floor. Luckily, it wasn't very hot, and no one got hurt, but I think I scared him because of my reaction of shock and sadness that my coffee was on the floor! He made a frowny "uht-oh" face, but no tears. We both got changed, rug got cleaned, and all was well again.

Poor guy has also had hives on and off for 3 days now. We have no idea what from, they aren't bad like the first time he got them because of the milk. They disappear as fast as they appear, and I am told it bothers the parents more than the baby. He is still his happy self, eating and sleeping and getting into trouble, so I was told to give him benadryl two times a day today and tomorrow and see if it will knock the allergy he is having out of his system.

I know this update was long, and there will be another in a week when he turns 8 months (ALREADY?!) And I plan on dressing him in his halloween costume for his photo shoot since he didn't get to wear it yet. :) Be excited!

Standing up! 

Chewing on the corner of the coffee table

Licking the window . . .

Looking cute to distract me from the fact that he was just licking the window.

0 comments:

Post a Comment