Friday, October 29, 2010

The first black eye . . . and so it begins

I told you I was slow at updating this thing lately! Keep in mind, this happened on Monday, and I am just now remembering to write about it. Also, I have not taken my usual photographic documentation as of yet, hopefully, for photographic evidences sake, I can get one tonight, even though it's just about gone now.

So anyways, on to the story!


Now that Joshua the Terrible can crawl, and stand, and dance, and hop. Those are, of course, his favorite things to do! He thinks it is especially funny to stand at the end of the coffee table, opposite my computer and play peek-a-boo with me. This is what he was doing when he hurt himself. He had crawled over to the table and pulled himself up and squealed with delight, as he often does (see video in previous post) and was walking along the edge of the table. He got the point where he could watch me hide behind my computer and poke out at him, which makes him laugh and was pretty happy standing there for about 30 seconds, (typical attention span of an 8-month-old i think) and then, something else caught his eye.

I'm not sure what he saw, but he was looking at something on the ground and hopping a little bit, then he squatted down to reach for said object. He was doing fine until he leaned back away from the table, edge at eye level, and went to grab something out of reach and hit his face smack, on the edge of the table. He cried for a couple seconds, and then he was fine, he wasn't bleeding, and it wasn't swollen, and didn't look bruised yet so I wasn't worried. The next morning though, he woke up with a full-fledged shiner. He is a boy, and i suspected it would happen sooner or later, but somehow I thought he'd be walking on his own, but our boy is crafty, and curious, and never ceases to surprise us with the things he can do. 

So that is the story of Joshua's first shiner. I'll try to get a picture up here too! Below is a picture I took on my cell phone of him playing peek-a-boo behind my computer while I was working one day. How can anyone not love that face!?

Tomorrow Joshua and I are going to Charmingfare Farm for Liam's first birthday party! Happy birthday Liam! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment