Monday, September 20, 2010

Update: There IS something new

Right after I write in the last post that "nothing new was happening" blah blah blah. something new DID happen, so I figured I'd update before I forget.

Joshua can now stand up all by himself (uht-ohhhh) I kept saying how he looked like he could do it if he could only figure out how to pull himself close enough to something that was the right height. Well, I was right. I was sitting on the floor playing with him when he spotted the new box of diapers across the room by the chair. So he crawled over to gnaw on the box for a little while. Then slip himself on his knees right up next to it and POP—he was up. Once there he wasn't sure what to do, but he was very proud of himself and banged on the box for a little while and laughed at himself. Not sure he knows how to get back down without falling yet, which will be a problem for awhile on our hard floors, but he'll learn I'm sure.

He also can pull himself up in his crib. I went to go get him up when he woke up from a nap yesterday and there he was, standing at the edge of the crib hanging on for dear life and crying his eyes out. But he was up! I haven't gotten a good picture of him up yet, maybe tomorrow I will. So for now, here is another from his 7 month pictures. And the rest are on flickr, as always!

0 comments:

Post a Comment