Thursday, December 30, 2010

Joshua's First Christmas

Little man had a busy, busy Christmas weekend! He is still recovering I think, his sleep schedule has been off ever since, which I guess I should complain about because he has been going to bed about a half an hour later and sleeping in about an hour, to two hours later! (wahoo!)

So here is how his Christmas adventures went (I will try to keep it short while cramming 4 days of events into one blog post)

December 23:
My mom, Joshua's Meme came to get us on the 23rd because my good friend Matt Chan (pictured below) was back in town from across the country and we had to visit him, and also had a lunch planned with some other good friends who I never get to see. AND that let Mama have some yummy drinks and food (while warm still) and baby-free, and let Meme and Pepe spend some one-on-one Joshua time, which they rarely get living so far from us! Joshua got a lot of great presents, clothes, toys, new books, and even some hand-me-downs (which we LOVE... since I swear he gets bigger and taller every single day and in constantly outgrowing clothes)

December 24:
Another busy day. Uncle Matt Chan came over to my parent's house bearing donuts and coffee to hang out with us for a little while. Joshua was acting a little shy at first, which is new for him, but warmed up pretty quick once he had a quick cat nap and got to have some playtime.

After that, My mom (his Meme), Joshua, and I headed next door to visit Joshua's Grand Meme. We brought his doorway jumper because she has great wide doorframes so Joshua got some good jump time in and seemed pretty happy about that. Unfortunately, when we got home he was being quite a fussy gus, so while the rest of the fam went to church, Joshua stayed home and napped with Auntie Krista and Jay. Once church was over we all met up at my Aunt Julies for our traditional Christmas Eve celebration, which consists of a lot of food, a lot of drinks, and a lot of fun. Joshua got an awesome cuddle blanket made by cousin Jenni (super cute!) New clothes, bibs, books. And of course, he still only wants to play with the remote and cell phones.

December 25:
The boss slept until about 8am, which never happens, but he had a real late night the night before. When he got up we all had breakfast and opened presents and stockings. Joshua got a rocking giraffe made by the company rock-a-bye. I love them, my friend Becki told me about them (her son has the octopus.) He got a lot more toys from his aunties and more books and clothes (the kid made out like a bandit) After presents, we gathered our ridiculous amount of things and headed back to NH. Joshua was surprisingly good on the way home, slept awhile and didn't cry once (which is a small miracle for him on a long car ride.)

When we got back to NH, we dropped the dog off at our house and hopped in the car to head to Jay's Aunt Karen's house to see that side of the family. More great food, and people, and gifts of course! And another late night for Joshua. By this point, Joshua had had enough and was letting everyone know, he was clinging to me and not a happy boy.

December 26:
After a good night's sleep in his own bed, the little man was back to his usual self. We let him open the presents we had gotten him now that he was more up to it, and then headed down south again to Jay's Grandma's house for Christmas with the other side of the family. He was in a much better mood and smiling and playing with everyone, he even took a couple good naps for us there.

So that was that . . . Here are some pictures from the festivities! 

Joshua and Uncle Matt


Helping Meme cook

Presents!

Cuddling his cuddle blanket

more presents!

my happy boy

Christmas morning

Look what Santa brought!

Among the gifts

There are way more photos than this, check my flickr set for more if you want. There is a link over to the right :-)

1 comments:

Kat said...

awwwww I love the pics!

Post a Comment