Thursday, December 16, 2010

Almost Christmas! EEK!

I can't believe it, but Christmas if fast approaching! 

This year, as you all know, will be Joshua's first Christmas so we are trying to make it special for the little man. Our Christmas schedule is kinda nuts, since our families live so far apart form each other and we like to make the rounds and see everyone. I am just waiting for the day when we finally have a home big enough to host these family events and people can come to us (more than one small group at a time too!) but alas, that is neither here, nor there. 

So I am GOING to remember to bring my camera with me everywhere I go this year, AND even remember to use it. I have no excuse at Christmas since I am not in charge of cooking anywhere we go hehe.

Christmas time is making me nostalgic, remembering what it was like at this time last year. I remember how quiet and clean our house still was, how HUGE I was. Joshua was about two months away from making his grand entrance into the world, and we were busy setting up the nursery, washing lots of baby clothes, and trying to imagine what our new lives would be like. Now he is here, almost a year old already, and getting ready to have him very first Christmas and I wouldn't change a thing (except maybe the size of our house, but again... neither here nor there) Christmas is making me realize how loved and cared about we really are, with all the cards we get in the mail, and all the great friends and loving family we have, we are truly blessed and could not be who we are, and do what we do without them. There are so many willing to help us, from babysitting, to party planning, we couldn't do it without you all, and you know who you are! So in case I don't say it enough, thank you, thank you, thank you! and I love you all :-)

Sorry to get all sappy on you, but hey. It's the holidays, when the food has no calories, and everyone is thankful for what and who they have, right?! Now if only I could get all of the Christmas cards I made up sent out I'd be good to go! here's a sneak peak (in case they aren't in the mail by Christmas) I will be sure to update with photos and maybe some videos of our first family Christmas as soon as I can.

Happy Holidays to everyone out there, from our family to yours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment