Monday, February 18, 2013

Joshua turning 3

To my dear Baby Boy;

People always say, 'time flies.' And until I had you I couldn't fully grasp what they meant. I can still remember being pregnant with you, through your birth, like it only happened yesterday. But everyday that I spend with you I see you growing, learning, and changing. 

You're no longer the newborn or infant who couldn't hold up his head, or the toddler struggling to figure out how to feed himself. Now you are a smart, caring, loving, sweet, and amazing little boy. I am so proud to call you my son. I am amazed at your independence, and the way you figure things out so quickly. 

We have had our share of disagreements already, and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come, but I think you already know I will love you through it all, no matter what. 

This birthday is extra special for another reason as well. This will be your last birthday as an only child. In September we will welcome you new baby sister or brother to the world and you will take on another roll, Big Brother! I feel such a range of emotion even thinking about it. I'm sure you will have your own opinions once he/she is here too. Just remember, no matter what you will always be my little boy, and I will never love you any less than I do right now.

Happy Third Birthday, Joshua! Mama loves you.



0 comments:

Post a Comment