Friday, July 9, 2010

Distance makes the heart grow fonder?

I am thinking this is true over the past couple of days. Yesterday was the first day Joshua has been away at someone else's house all day, without either Jay or I there also. This month is busy for Jay at work so he has overtime and is only getting sundays off for awhile so on all the days I usually go into the office, Joshua is visiting with family!

Yesterday I got up bright and early at 5am so I could shower and get ready for work before Joshua woke up (or so I thought). Once he gets up it's harder to get much done because he has been sleeping all night and wants to play and be entertained. So I get in the shower thinking all is well and get out to a screaming baby in the next room. Not sure if he heard me get up and it woke him, I was very quiet, but I have been told babies have a sense about these things. Anywho, Jay was getting him changed, so I went to make his bottle. Once he ate he was happy as a clam again so I laid him down with some toys so I could finish getting ready.

Around 7am I had everyone packed up for the day, loaded all of my work things into the car, all of Joshua's things, and last but not least, Joshua. We headed down to Windham to drop him off at Grammy Jan's house. He has been there before but not a whole lot so he was checking everything out and taking it all in when we first got there, but he didn't seem too rattled by it. So I handed him off and headed out to work in Exeter... turns out the way I went was the long way and it took me 2 hours from the time I left my house until i got to work, OY!

As soon as I hopped back in my car I missed him already. Now, don't get me wrong, I always miss him when I am away from him, but for some reason, when I know he is at our house it seems less. Maybe it is because I know what happens at our house and what he does everyday. Leaving him somewhere else adds that element of unknown, even though I knew he would be completely fine! But needless to say, by 5pm I was more than ready to go pick up my baby and cover him in kisses! 

Today His Grandpa came to get him and bring him to his house for the day and after work I will be driving over there to pick him back up, and it's the same as it was yesterday! I miss my baby!

We have been very lucky that I work where I do so far, they have been more than accommodating with my schedule, so now I am trying to get in more when I can. Since he was 2 weeks old I've been going into the office 2 days a week when Jay is home and working from home the rest of the time, it's work out amazingly. We are also very lucky, and blessed to have the family and friends we have to are always more than willing to help us out! So thank you all very much, you know who you are, we couldn't do it without you! Until next time!...


Marvin hasn't made it into the blog yet, so here he is... in all his cat glory.

0 comments:

Post a Comment