Friday, July 30, 2010

Dear Joshua:

Please stop waking up at 4:30 in the morning. 

Lately, Joshua has been waking up earlier and earlier in the morning. No matter when he goes to bed. He used to be a perfect 9pm - 6am sleeper, but not so much now! He usually is in bed between 8 and 9 still but he has been getting up either every couple hours throughout the night, or way too early! 

The worst is, I can't tell if he has a cold, or is sick, or if he is just teething. Who knows, maybe this is just one of those things that happens? He is my first, so obviously it is all new to me! I just hope he gets over this soon and goes back to his good sleep habits soon. Maybe he is just testing us? Is this one of those things where I am supposed to let him "cry it out" even though is is screaming like someone is murdering him in the next room? Any advise is welcome from all you Mamas (and Dads) out there! All I know is THIS Mama needs some sleep! I am not one who functions well on little sleep . . . thank goodness for coffee!

This is what I want Joshua to do (sleep!):

This is what I want Joshua to NOT do (not the swimming, just the screaming):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a mom (you know that haha), but i just read an article that said right around the age when u are introducing foods and they are eating more, if they are waking up in the morning it may be a sign that hes not eating enough...does he seem like he wants more food at meal times?...just a thought...gina

Anna P. said...

no, he hadn't even been finishing his bottles lately... but yesterday he was and it started to seem more like a growth spurt, so i am going to up his milk today and see what happens.

Post a Comment