Friday, September 2, 2011

So, I'm a bit behind.

It's been about, hmmmm . . . FOREVER since I wrote in this, and I apologize!

Things have been a little bit nutty in my world. I think last time I was writing about how I got a job in Western, MA, yes? Well, for those who didn't get that, or don't know. I did. I am now working as a graphic artist in the Whole Foods Market in Hadley, MA. It's a pretty awesome job. I am also still freelancing, though sparingly at the moment because of all the crazy. By crazy I mean, during the week Joshua and I live in MA at my parents' house (who live very near my new job) and on the weekends we are back in NH to see Jay and my pets and house (which we need to sell/rent...anyone?) The driving is nuts, and I can't wait until we can all be in one place again on all the days of the week!

Joshua has probably learned a ton since I posted last. So, in an attempt to keep this pretty short and sweet, I am going to just summarize the last like... 6 months? haha. (maybe not that long but you catch my drift) I will follow this post with a post full of pictures to catch you up on his cuteness. :)

Here we go . . .

18 month check-up:

All was well. Our growing boy is right smack dab in the 50th percentile for height and weight with a head in the 70th (He's a baby genius, what can I say.) He is 32 inches and 25.5lbs. Still allergic to dairy, though we no longer need to scan for "hidden dairy" in ingredient lists. He loves his soy milk and doesn't know any different so it's fine by him! When he turns two we will try to reintroduce again and see what happens.

Joshua is running around everywhere now. Oh, and climbing... did I mention climbing? He is excellent at getting UP, just not down yet. He has had his share of boo-boos already. He can get onto the couches when he wants to, can get in and out of the tub, kiddie pool, climbs stairs like a champ. He can go down now too, but needs to hold hands still because he refuses to do anything but walk down like a big-boy.

He is saying some words now, though pretty inconsistently. He says; cat, (but when he says it he leaves off the 'c' and 't' sounds), Dog (is Og), on, mama and dada, one, three, six, nine, ten, and maybe a few others that we haven't figured out yet. He babbles constantly still though. One day he will just be talking in sentences I think!

This summer, Joshua decided he no longer hates water, but loves it! He got to go to the beach a time or two, and played in Grandpa Ed's pool a few times too. He is totally loving being at the farm in Mass where he has lots of room to run and play, and in turn is sleeping until 7am again (yay!) He is also loving having access to lots of fresh fruits and veggies which he has a habit of picking and eating on the spot.

What else can I say? He's a funny little guy! He is always on the go and loves to play and laugh and be the center of attention. Loves books, and pretends to read them but pointing at the words and making sounds (hehe)

I am totally missing all of my NH friends and family and having the freedom of working from home, though I also enjoy going to work and having work be at work and home be at home. It's kind of nice, though I also can't wait until we have a home in the same place again! As I already mentioned, I know. Apple season is happening now, so I am pretty excited to be living back here with access to bottomless fresh apples and cider :) yumm. Must always look on the bright side, right?!

That's all for now! hope everyone is doing well, and things are good! I'll post pics next so look out for those.

0 comments:

Post a Comment